The best RMM solutions provide the right capabilities that will take endpoint monitoring and management to the next level. It can also improve and boost technician productivity, system security, and operational efficiency.
Coming up with the perfect solution is critical but choosing the best RMM solution can be tricky— that’s why having an RMM software comparison is important before deciding which tool you should get for your business.
We have prepared an RMM software comparison to help you choose the best RMM tool for your business, but before we begin let’s take a look first at the benefits of RMM tools:
- It automates IT processes.
- Technicians can resolve client issues remotely.
- It improves technician’s productivity and efficiency.
- It is cost-effective.
Now, let’s begin!
RMM Software Comparison for 2021
It is perfect for small to large businesses, as well as freelancers. It provides users with a set of tools that can secure, maintain, and improve IT in a single dashboard. It is compatible with various operating systems, including Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Password Management
- Has documentation Manager that helps regulate the client documentation
- Conducts remote monitoring for virtual machines, network devices, and mobile devices
- Provides data-driven insights on security, efficiency, and site blacklists
SolarWinds offers a 30-day trial for the product, while you can request a quote for its pricing details.
Our RMM Software Comparison isn’t complete without Atera, which is best for small to large IT service businesses, internal IT, and freelancers.
Atera can be considered as an all-in-one RMM solution, while it also supports a wide range of OS, such as Windows, Mac Linux, Android, and iOS devices.
- Remote access, antivirus, patch management, reports, billing, data backup, network discovery, and more
- Free 24/7 Customer Support
- Provides integrated real-time benchmark
- Pre-configures administrative and maintenance tasks to servers and workstations
- Includes features for mobile technician management, billing & invoicing, and reporting & analytics
- Provides 12 types of reports
Altera allows users to pay a fixed monthly cost, which includes unlimited devices and endpoints. There are no contracts or hidden fees, while you can also cancel your subscription anytime.
NinjaRMM makes it to our RMM Software Comparison, too, as it is one of the best solutions for managed service providers, IT service business, small to medium businesses, and mid-market companies with small IT departments. It also allows users to monitor and manage all your network devices remotely.
- Monitor all network devices and servers
- Allows users to manage devices with its remote tools
- Automatically update OS and third-party application for Windows and MacOS devices
- Gives remote access
NinjaRMM also offers a free trial of their product, while its pricing varies on its features.
Designed for small and large organizations, PRTG can monitor all systems, devices, traffic, and applications. It also supports several technologies, such as SNMP, flow technologies, Ping, SQL, and more.
- Network auto-discover, Maps, and Alerts
- Collect data from machines, software, and devices for bandwidth monitoring
- Feature more than 200 sensor types
- Can monitor Ping Status, Network traffic, IoT, Cloud Services, and more
Paessler offers six pricing plans for the PRTG, which start from $1,600. You can enjoy a 30-day free trial without any limitation to check which plan works for your business.
Another solution that can battle out other RMM tools here in our RMM Software Comparison is RemotePC, most especially for businesses who are looking for the ease of use and security. It allows users to access computers remotely, as well as manage files, transfer data, and print documents.
- Password Protection
- Remote printing and transferring files
- Good compatibility
- Light-weight solution
RemotePC offers four pricing plans: Consumer, SOHO, Team, and Enterprise. Price starts at $22.12 (first year). Meanwhile, consumers can get a 30-day free trial for Team and Enterprise plans.
Continuum comes with various products and one of these is the Continuum Command, which works best for remote monitoring and management. It also provides protection regardless of the device’s environment.
- Integration with Auvik
- Dynamic end-to-end security and compliance management
- Interactive dashboard, unified console, and rapid enrolment
- Provides level 1-3 support from NOC team, patch deployment, smart reporting, and vital integration capabilities
Meanwhile, if you have a small business that is looking for a free RMM solution, consider getting Comodo One.
It supports network endpoints, computers, and mobile devices. It can also help businesses manage an entire IT infrastructure and monito LANs, WANs, cloud-based services, hybrid systems, and Web applications.
- Includes features for mobile device management, mobile application manager, and automated patch manager
- Network performance monitor and risk assessment utility
- Supports system audit, inventory manager, topology mapper, and policy compliance
- Can do ticketing and task tracking
Overall, RMM solutions deliver different features that are thoughtfully designed for different business needs. Before deciding which RMM tools you should get, determine your business goals first and find the best solution that can provide that.