Introduction to ITSM
There was a time where computers were larger than their users. You can still see these huge computers in a mainframe environment. ITSM dates back to those early days. Since then ITSM has evolved and became a standard framework for companies. The best ITSM solution should withstand the test of time.
What is ITSM? ITSM stands for Information Technology Service Management. It is a way of delivering and managing IT services to meet the growing demands of the clients. ITSM ensures all computers in a network are working in an efficient way.
Back then ITSM uses a reactive approach. This means that when something happens, that’s the only time to respond. Today, ITSM uses a proactive approach. Proactive means taking the initiative in doing things. The best ITSM solution should exhibit proactive methods.
There are a lot of ITSM software vendors today. Their ITSM tools have their own selling features. ITSM tools are programs that deliver IT services. An example of this is ITarian’s ITSM tool.
You will know the reasons why you need an ITSM tool. You will also learn the features and benefits of ITSM. You will learn as well the best ITSM solution for your business needs.
Why Do You Need An ITSM Tool?
There are many reasons why ITSM is necessary. It has benefits for both the IT department and the business itself. Here are the benefits to look for when choosing the best ITSM solution:
|ITSM benefits for IT||ITSM benefits for the business|
Those are some of the reasons why you need an ITSM tool. You will learn in the next section about the features to look for in an ITSM tool.
The Best ITSM Solution Features
The best ITM solution should have the following functionalities or features:
- It should provide support for endpoint devices. This includes smartphones, laptops, and tablets among others. Not all ITSM software vendors offer this feature. ITarian offers support for endpoint devices.
- The best ITM solution should offer ITSM on-premise and cloud ITSM deployment options. Not all vendors support cloud ITSM yet. ITarian offers both types of deployment.
- It should offer the ability to patch software or patch management in short. Patching is very important. It fixes software bugs and updates programs as well. This can either be in manual or automatic mode. ITarian offers this great feature as well.
- It should offer RMM or Remote Monitoring and Management. Here are some of the IT services under RMM:
- Updating the operating systems
- Active maintenance
- Updating virus definitions
- Defragmenting hard disk drives
ITarian offers RMM functionalities as well.
- The best ITM solution provides a network assessment tool. This amazing tool alone does wonders by itself. It lets you do many things like the following:
- Vulnerability scanning
- Generating risk mitigation plans
- Customizable reports:
- Client Risk Summary Report
- Change Management Report
- XP Migration Readiness Report
- Full Detail Report
- Asset Detail Report
- Excel Export Report
ITarian bundles a lot of useful features with their products. You now know the amazing features of an ITSM tool. ITarian offers all these fantastic features!Conclusion
You learned what ITSM is all about. You also understood why using an ITM tool is important. More importantly, you now know the features to look for when choosing the best ITSM solution. ITarian has all the amazing features you are looking for. Sign up now and get your free trial!