What Do RMM Software Reviews Really Mean?
If you are thinking of deploying a new kind of software for you msp business, you may be checking out as many rmm software reviews as possible. As you go online and begin reading about various platforms, companies and programs, you may notice good, bad and indifferent reviews about the same product. So how do you know what to believe and what can you do to get the most from these reviews? Here are some helpful tips to get you started.
Good Things to Say
A glowing review of a product is a pleasant experience and can instill hope in someone searching for the right program. However, you should try to read between the lines of rmm software reviews. For example, is this write up so impressive that it stretched your imagination to its limits? If so, a "too good to be true" story could be just that.
When you find a really good review ask yourself these questions:
- Are there many other similar reviews?
- Is this person obviously affiliated with the company?
- Have you come across the exact same review on other websites?
Let's explore these 3 questions a little deeper. First, if you find a lot of good reviews from different users, this is usually a good thing. You could actually be reading about a superior product. However, if the author works for the company and there is not much information available, it could simply be a promotion. Lastly, when you see the same review copied and pasted in many different online places, this is an obvious case of self promotion. It doesn't mean the product is bad, it just means the source of the material may not be trustworthy.
Hidden Costs of Proprietary Remote Management Programs
As an alternative to getting rmm software free, you can buy a program from a vendor and pay for licensing fees. However, this may not be where the paying stops. Some developers have a host of hidden fees they do no tell you about. Just go online and check out some RMM software programs and see how much they cost. Chances are, you cannot find any prices this way. So why is this? Most likely, these companies are somewhat embarrassed of the fees they charge or they think you will believe they are exorbitant. This may not actually be the case, but when you think about it, it makes more sense to check out rmm software of charge.
Did you know some proprietary software providers offer upgrades but you must pay for them. In addition, support may also cost you. Some companies offer special "upgrades" to their software customers and you may have to pay thousands of dollars for new server computers and software.
There is another "hidden cost" to consider with some programs. You may need to pay a substantial fee for each agent. And of course, you'll need agent software installed on every endpoint and if you own a large network the costs could rapidly add up.
Bad RMM Software Reviews
You may run across some very low opinions of some products. These reviews should be read very carefully because they are simply opinions. For example, some people are impatient and do not give programs a chance to work or their people the opportunity to get used to them. In other words, if a company used a particular program for a few days and didn't like it, the problem may not be in the program.
When checking out bad rmm software reviews, always consider the source of the information. Is this person a trusted company official which can be contacted for additional details? If not, then you might not want to give too much weight to his or her opinions.
What are People Saying about ITarian?
If you check out what others are saying about ITarian, you will find some good and some not so good. However, this is the case with most products nowadays. Very few things receive 5 stars from everyone. Plus, two people can have identical experiences but one gives a four star rating while the other one gives one star.
Timing is Very Important
ITarian has not been out a long time and some of the early reviews may not be as good today's because the product was new and in the process of being improved. As you check later rmm software reviews on the product you'll find positive comments on these features:
- Integrates well with windows server and desktops
- Patch management is separate from RMM.
- Important features are free.
Not So Good
- Can take some time to set up if you are not computer savvy
- You may need some training time to set up all the features.
- Third party antivirus or patch management is not supported.
When you look at the good and not so good features mentioned, you can see there are very few downsides. Every program has features which do not please everyone or fill all of their expectations. However, there are some good things to remember about ITarian:
- Upgrades - developers are continually working on the project and they need negative feedback and reviews to correct any issues which may exist. These people see indifferent or negative rmm software reviews as a learning experience. You can expect to see a lot of good things from ITarian in the future.
- New features - as the project develops, new and innovative features will be introduced. This can help increase efficiency and profits.
- No charge - because ITarian is an open source project, it is free. Everyone has a part in its development and together we can produce a superior product which greatly enhances the businesses and lives of everyone who comes in contact with it. Working for a single purpose, there is nothing which cannot be overcome and accomplished.
Check out ITarian today by visiting https://www.itarian.com/.
Related Remote Monitoring Sources: