IT Service Management Introduction
When you are having a hard time installing an application you seek help from someone. When you are having trouble remembering your password, you try to get help in resetting it. When you want to connect to a Wifi hotspot, you ask someone how to do it. These are all examples of IT services. Managing them requires using the best IT service management tools.
ITSM stands for Information Technology Service Management. It is a way of handling, managing, and delivering IT services to meet the needs of clients. IT service management has been around as early as the first mainframe environment. There is a lot of advancement in technology since then.
The best IT service management tools help both IT and the business itself. Using ITSM tools also reduces IT costs. The best IT service management tools improve service quality, client satisfaction, and supervision.
ITSM tools enhance flexibility and readiness for new IT services. This gives your business a competitive advantage over others. Using the best IT service management tools is necessary for any organization.
You will know what IT service management tools are in the next section. You will also know the things to consider when choosing the best IT service management tools. You will learn why ITarian ITSM is one of the best IT service management tools today.
What Are IT Service Management Tools?
An IT service management tool is a piece of software for delivering IT services. It can either be a stand-alone program or a collection of applications. The best IT service management tools consist of many applications. Each app having its own separate function.
Some of these functions include incident management, handling service requests, and problem management. What is the purpose of using IT service management tools? These ITSM tools help businesses in managing their IT services by:
- Helping the IT operations team. These tools provide analytics that aid in making smarter decisions. This makes the IT operations team function better and faster.
- Guaranteeing application management. The best IT service management tools ensure the availability of business solutions. These tools also aid in optimizing the performance of these business solutions.
- Automating workload. The best IT service management tools can automate business processes. These tools quicken service delivery and maximize the efficiency of assets. These tools can also lessen business risks.
Choosing the best IT service management tools affect the entire organization or business. It is important to choose the right tools that best fit the needs and requirements of your business. When choosing the best IT service management tools, ask yourselves the following questions:
- What is the problem you are attempting to solve? You need to know what is missing from your current ITSM processes. You need to know how you can enhance It service delivery.
- What are the IT service management requirements of your organization? The nature of your business dictates what IT service management features you need.
- What is your ITSM tool expectation? This depends on what help do you seek from using an IT service management tool. Repeating tasks is tedious. Your ITSM tool should be able to automate these tasks for you.
Features Of The Best IT Service Management Tools
Every IT service management software vendor offers a set of standard features. The best IT service management tools offer extra functionality without increasing the cost. The best IT service management tools are also easy to use and easy to deploy.
ITarian has all these features you are looking for. Here are the distinguishing features that ITarian offers:
- The best IT service management tools provide support for endpoint devices. This includes smartphones, laptops, and tablets among others. Majority of vendors do not offer this functionality. ITarian provides support for endpoint devices.
- The best IT service management tools offer a patch management system. Patching is very necessary. A patch contains fixes for software bugs and program updates as well. ITarian also offers this critical feature.
- The best IT service management tools offer on-premise and cloud deployment options. Not all vendors offer support for cloud deployment yet. ITarian provides both types of deployment.
- The best IT service management tools offer a Remote Monitoring and Management feature. ITarian supports this functionality. Here are other IT services that fall under RMM:
- Updating the operating systems
- Performing active maintenance
- Updating the virus definitions
- Defragmenting the hard disk drives.
- The best IT service management tools also provide network assessment capabilities. ITarian’s network assessment tool offers many features like the following:
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Creation of risk mitigation plans
- Customizable reports:
- Client Risk Summary Reports
- Change Management Reports
- XP Migration Readiness Reports
- Full Detail Reports
- Asset Detail Reports
- Excel Export Reports
You now know what ITSM or Information Technology Service Management is. You also learned about IT service management tools. You are now aware of the great features that the best IT service management tools offer. What are you waiting for? Sign up now to get a free demo of ITarian’s products.