What Makes an Effective RMM System?
If you are in the IT remote management and monitoring business, you may have a great deal of competition today and in the future. In order to keep up with your competitors you should have the best possible rmm system in place. But what are the key components to a successful service? Let's check out several important factors you may want to consider.
Nothing is more important than hardware in an rmm system. In other words, you should invest in the finest server computers, hard drives, routers, switches, cable and access points possible. In addition, your servers should have the latest processors and memory hardware. In other words, reconditioned hard drives or any kind of used equipment should not be considered if you want to provide the highest quality of service.
Back up hardware should be just as dependable as all the other hardware in an RMM system. Just because it may not see constant use, doesn't mean it's not important.
Software is just as important as hardware and you should have server operating systems which are continually updated and can handle all your needs today and in the future.
Your rmm system software can handle one job or you can choose software with the capacity to provide several services to your clients. When you choose a program with psa integrated into it, you have many important advantages.
Although an rmm system is designed to run on its own, someone must monitor the monitoring software. But what is the best way to do this? Choose a program capable of creating custom reports. In addition, the software should have the capability to send alerts via text or email when something goes wrong.
A managed service provider may have several rmm system projects going on at any given time. This makes project management very important, but what is the best way to assign priorities for maximum efficiency? Naturally, "due date" is a determining factor, but there are more things to consider. Here are some helpful tips for prioritizing tasks, to help you stay organized:
- Put all tasks together on one document or sheet of paper, and begin a preliminary list.
- Mark all rmm system tasks which are urgent and your attention is required today.
- Define high priority tasks. These are things which need to be done as soon as you are finished creating your priorities list.
- Determine which tasks have the greatest value to the company. Naturally, client needs should be on the forefront, but in some cases, matters more urgent may be pressing. For example, if a client requests training for a particular software application this is very important. However, when there are network issues which may result in downtime this should receive your immediate attention.
- Assign a priority number to each task on the list. If two or more tasks have the same priority and value, use a "tie-breaker" strategy which works best for you. For instance, time is an essential part of your day and by completing as many tasks as you can, you'll increase efficiency. You can place the shortest timeframe tasks ahead of longer ones.
- Write up an updated rmm system priority list and place the most important things at the top and so on. This way, you can check off items as they are finished. This strategy can also be used to prioritize tasks for individual projects. In fact, you can use it at home for completing things around the house.
Automating Important Services
An efficient rmm system is run by as few people as possible, without sacrificing quality. Check to see if there are ways you can automate certain tasks which are currently being done manually. For instance, when you choose ITarian rmm system software, you have several ways to automate tasks, such as:
- Service desk - much of your customer service and support can be done with the help of ITarian. It has the ability to assign trouble ticket priority and track tickets. In addition, it provides your own customer portal with scripted responses and greetings which can be customized. These are only a few of the many features this module provides.
- Patch management - keeping programs updated can be a full-time chore and this is very important for security reasons. An automated update system can take a great deal of pressure from your staff and you might need fewer people on hand.
- Service quotes - when customers request service quotes, someone has to crunch the numbers and respond as soon as possible. ITarian's Quote Manager let's you use templates which can be customized to your needs. It is user friendly and comes with some powerful reporting features.
Your rmm system can be more effective and efficient when you install ITarian open source software. Check out all the great features you receive free of charge, when you visit us online today at https://www.itarian.com/.